|Our 4,500 straw hats donated by Southwest Airlines are just as excited for #BPSquareDance as we are.|
Over the course of the three days--Friday the 19th through Sunday the 21st--you'll be sure to enjoy the following:
- Dave Harvey of NYC Barn Dance returns to call the do-si-dos, accompanied each day by a different live band playing square dance tunes.
- Writer and comedian Andy Ross will keep the event running smoothly as the emcee.
- Straw cowboy hats, bearing the official Bryant Park Square Dance pin, will be distributed to the public on a first-come, first-served basis on each of the three dates. Southwest Airlines® has generously provided 4,500 hats, so there will be plenty to go around!
- You can enter a raffle to win a Bryant Park bag stuffed with treats from the Bryant Park Shop (and if you don't win, you can always purchase the contents online from the Bryant Park Shop), VIP concert tickets to the Grand Ole Opry's Nashville's New Music in New York series at the Southwest Porch, or a pair of round trip Southwest Airlines tickets (concert and airline tickets both provided by Southwest Air as well).
- Hester Street Fair (which you might remember from their presence at the HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival) and 'wichcraft will be onsite for all three days enticing you with sips and suds for purchase. You'll want to take advantage of them, as you'll need refueling in between dances!
- Corn hole (also known as bean bag toss) and a photo booth with square dance props (be sure to tag your photos with the #BPSquareDance hashtag) will entertain those who need to take a break from dancing, or who have two left feet.
- Free bag check means you don't have to worry about your saddle bags while you kick up your heels.
|Who can say no to this stick horse? Be sure to pose with him in the photo booth.|
Special on Friday and Saturday, from 6 - 9pm, are the following:
- A mechanical bull will be taking on all challengers on the Upper Terrace--free of charge.
- Trick roping lessons might help you lasso a date!
|These are some more of the photobooth props. The checkered tablecloths will adorn the tables near the sips and suds to create the feeling of a real square dance; hay and mums will make you think you're in a barn!|
Special on Sunday, from 1 - 4pm, are the following kid-friendly activities:
- The #BPArtCart will be stocked with square dance themed, kid-friendly arts and crafts, including coloring, country western necklaces, and stick horses made of pool noodles.
- Kids who don't want to dance can stretch their legs with sack races.
Bryant Park Square DanceFriday and Saturday, September 19-20
6 - 9pm