Come experience the infamous “pod people” at Bryant Park’s next HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival screening of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. In the film, the people of Santa Mira, California become convinced that their loved ones are not themselves. What unfolds next will determine if the human race survives the new invasion of creatures from beyond. Kevin McCarthy and Dana Wynter, in their breakout roles, play Dr. Miles J. Binnell and Becky Driscoll who are persuaded that something un-human has taken hold of their town.
More Body Snatchers Facts:
- Filmed with only seven days of rehearsal and twenty-three days of actual shooting,
- The movie has been remade twice - in 1978 and again in 1994.
- Only $15,000 of the budget was spent on special effects.
- Filming was supposed to commence in Mill Valley, north of San Francisco, but the budget couldn't allow it.
- Selected to the National Film Registry, Library of Congress, in 1994.
- It is considered to be one of the most analyzed movies of all-time. Dana Wynter was once approached by a man who was writing a thesis on the entire movie and had analyzed her voice progression in particular lines.
- Becky and Miles paraphrase Shakespeare twice. "I know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows, Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows" is from A Midsummer Night's Dream. "That way madness lies" comes from King Lear.