Because we used the eastern section of the lawn area to stage soil and equipment for the whole project, it took a little longer to prepare for sod installation. The majority of the sod was installed over the weekend, but before the end of today our green carpet will be complete.
Keep your fingers crossed for the perfect combination of rain and sun to help the sod root fast and strong over the next few weeks. Opening day will be here before we know it!
Check out these posts for past updates on the lawn installation and other capital projects happening in the park:
- 3/1/2011 Farewell Citi Pond
- 3/4/2011 Pond Load Out Progress
- 3/9/2011 Pond Load Out Complete
- 3/16/2011 Lawn Improvements in Progress
- 3/22/2011 Bryant Park's Spring Flowers
- 4/1/2011 Rainy Day Lawn Update
- 4/12/2011 When Will the Lawn Be Open?
- 4/18/2011 Southwest Porch Getting a Facelift
- 4/22/2011 Layers of the Lawn
- 4/29/2011 Incoming from New Jersey