The restaurant doesn't take reservations, and although it was crowded, we were seated right away at the last empty table upstairs. Floor to ceiling windows and a transparent roof make the space feel large, airy, and bright.
Other seating options include an indoor bar/lounge area downstairs, and an outdoor deck with tables and couches covered by heat lamps.
Click for larger images. We're already planning a post-work visit to conduct important research on the extensive list of heart warmers and cocktails.
What we ate, shared appetizers:
Potato and Cheese Pierogies, Toasted Margherita Flat Bread
What we ate, entrees:
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad (on the menu as an appetizer, but filling enough to be an entree)
Jumbo Sliders (Mac and Cheese was also eaten, but not pictured)
The standouts: Calamari, Chili, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
The runners-up: Margherita Flat Bread and Sliders
Honorable mention: The fries that came with the Sliders were perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside (also available as a side order)
- Celsius clientele looked like an even mix of New Yorkers, business lunchers, and tourists (the downstairs bar is a magnet for the after-work crowd)
- Space and food are very kid friendly
- Service was speedy and attentive
- Higher prices than your typical lunch on the go, but similar to other sit down restaurants in the area
- You can't beat the view/instant entertainment-while-you-eat from the ice rink!
Celsius is open through February 27, 2011
Extended Holiday Hours
December 16 – December 30: Noon – Midnight
Sunday – Wednesday: Noon – 10pm
Thursday – Saturday: Noon – Midnight
Celsius can get very busy on weekends and during the holidays, so plan your visit accordingly. Some areas of the restaurant may be closed occasionally for private parties.