The security procedure affects how you access the Lawn Area (the grass and surrounding gravel areas) and was implemented to protect the safety of all Film Festival attendees.
If you prefer to sit in the park's Allee's or on the Upper Terrace to watch the film, then just grab a chair and take your spot. If you prefer to sit on the Lawn or the gravel surrounding the Lawn, read on.
- You can only access the Lawn Area from the Sixth Avenue side of the park, near the movie screen.
- There are entry points on the north and south sides of the Fountain. Each entrance is the same.
- If you are carrying a bag, backpack, briefcase, package, etc. and wish to sit in the Lawn Area, your items will be inspected at the security tables located at the entry points. Lines may form for those with bags and packages.
- If you do not have any bags (or if you are only carrying a blanket), you may access the Lawn Area at either entry point without waiting in the line for those with bags or packages.
- Should you leave the Lawn Area, all packages, bags, etc. will be inspected again upon re-entry. If a line has formed for the entry points, you will be required to wait in line.
On Film Festival evenings, look for informational signs throughout the park on where to enter the Lawn Area and listen for frequent announcements made over the sound system. If you have any questions on site, feel free to ask a park security officer or member of the Bryant Park Corporation event staff.
For more information about the Film Festival, visit www.bryantpark.org.